Saturday, October 3, 2009

ExpediteSTL - IKEA Delivery

My previously-mentioned addiction to HGTV has also addicted me to IKEA. Unfortunately, there is not an IKEA in St. Louis, and almost every single item I've selected so far is "not available for sale" on the IKEA website. So, unless I could lure a friend to visit IKEA for me on a trip to Chicago, or unless I was making a trip myself, I was kind of screwed.

UNTIL...I found Expedite STL. So see, this is how my Craigslist addiction comes to my advantage. I saw a post about IKEA delivery on CL. I checked it out - it linked to a website. Basically, the owners of Expedite travel to IKEA once a month...they will pick up your items and either deliver them to your house or you may pick them up in Chesterfield. You pay a fee for their service, in addition to the cost of the items.

I used Expedite STL this summer to purchase some items - Excellent Service! They travelled on the weekend, contacted me on Monday to schedule a drop-off, and delivered to my house on Monday night. I couldn't have been more pleased.

The fee I paid - probably more than shipping would have been (had my items been available to purchase on the internet), but I also had smaller items. BUT, cheaper than I would have paid in gas travelling to/from Chicago. Verdict? Well.worth.it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment