Saturday, October 3, 2009

I'm a Craiglist Addict...

I have an addiction to Craigslist. The addiction began many years ago, but has only intensified since having children. My rationale - the kids go through things so fast; if it's a kid-item that I can wash in the washing machine or wipe down with a Clorox wipe, then I'm all for buying it second-hand.

My current favorite kid item that was purchased off Craigslist is the Kangaroo Climber. Shortly after their 1st birthday, Logan decided he was going to be a climber. He climbs on the couch, the chair, boxes, etc., so I thought this would be a good purchase. It was a total steal! This retails new for $139.99, and I got it for $55. Plus, it had only ever been used inside (which I was pumped about since I wanted it for inside), and it looks brand new!


Here is a picture of Logan up top, Connor looking up,
and the boys' girlfriend Genevieve peeking out the window.


I'm picking up my new favorite mommy item today. It is a tv/entertainment center armoire...this is going to become my craft closet. (I guess that means I'm going to get crafty?) I've started accumulating fabric, sewing supplies, etc., and I've been on the Craigslist hunt for a sewing machine. Melissa (Genevieve's mom) and I are going to attempt to build a fold-out desk from the inside of this armoire so that I have a work space. Do you think it can be done? Any suggestions? (Leave them in my comment section if you do...)



This last picture is my inspiration for the fold-out desk...

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to get working on that!! It will be lots of fun :) And super functional for you. So when I have a house one day, you will have to help me make one too!

    ReplyDelete