Friday, October 9, 2009

Preparing for Winter - Mittens & Gloves

One of my coworkers and I were discussing gloves and mittens for the kids the other day...this came to mind, as she mentioned trying to figure out how "not to loose them".

When we were younger, we had gloves and/or mittens that were each attached to a string. My mom would feed the string through the sleeves of our coat, so that when we took the glove or mitten off, it was "attached" to our coat. Seems like an ingenious idea for kids!
I searched for mittens on a string, and came up with this link...look how cute he is! I also found that these types of mittens are commonly referred to as "Idiot Mittens"...well!

And, if you already have the mittens/gloves for your little one, don't buy new! Jusst attach a string to the tops of the mittens/gloves. Give it a few, strong stitches, and you should be good to go - I don't sew, but that seems easy enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment